I wish I could sleep when I really wanted to. Instead, my brain decides to take a tour of any random event or past thought. And I do mean any.
Some of the things my brain has decided to rehash today (yes, instead of sleeping).
- The Acting Company of Hibriten High School 1994 performance of 'Romeo & Juliet'
- Do I have a fiber to go from patch panel A to patch panel B at the office?
- Why don't I write a blog post about the music I have been listening to lately and why I have been listening to it?
- Why can't I sleep?
- I should clean my office.
- I should clean my office at home, too.
- Why didn't that port work this morning during the overnight maintenance?
- I need to order 'Small Favor' by Jim Butcher.
Yes, some of these things are 'todo' list items that I should probably have on a todo list so that I stop thinking about them. The problem with that is, once I start making a list, I obsess about it. Which means I don't sleep anyway. So what do I do? I fire up the laptop, look at my rss reader, facebook, twitter, email and then fire up a blog post.
Oh yeah, reaaaalll productive.
Anyone have a location of the Insomnia Fairy? I have something I would like to discuss with that individual.